My friends went to Malaysia and all they bought me was this 'Rechargeable Mosquito-hitting Swatter'
My friends Colin and Jackie went on a holiday to Malaysia recently, now they are pretty good at getting unusual and funny gifts, I've got several funny things in the house that they've given me and Annie.
Well, keeping the tradition alive they brought back quite a spectacular but rather scary piece of technology. Behold, I present the...
"Rechargeable Mosquito-hitting Swatter":
How can you describe this thing? Well, cross a tennis racket with a tazer and this is what you get! Basically it's for killing mosquitos, but it's a pretty scary piece of equipment. It plugs into a wall and it powers up rechargeable batteries so that you can zap mosquitos by swatting and pressing the 'zap' button as you hit them!
Picture of the plug and 'on/off' switch
I have to admit I'm pretty scared to use it! I switched it on tonight and pressed the button and it zapped a piece of dust or something and it was pretty scary! It needs to be charged for at least 8 hours so it must get a fair amount of juice into it!
'Very powerful' package design
The other amazing aspect of it is the packaging, the description / instructions for use are hilarious due to the limited command of the english language that the makers of the device have, here it is in it's full glory:
- Rechargeable Type: It furnishes 2 pcs. of 1.2V high quality rechargeable batteies which can by recharged in recycle for 600 times. it is quite practical and economic.
- Twice-speed discharge: It adopts an innovative twice-speed discharge circuit which can output 2500V in a moment. So, it has the best result for killing mosquito.
- Electric Shockproof Net: It can kill mosquito which is sucking blood on human bodies but it is harmless to human. when touching the net on flat surface, without any feeling of electric shock so it is safe for use.
- Leakproof Net: It consists on a special 3-layer net which can easily catch insect and never leak out.
- When charging please use AC 100-240V, 50HZ power source.
- before using,please charge the batteries for 8-15 hours. They can be recharged in recycle for 600 times.
- When hitting insect, you can easily kill them just by pressing it's switch.
- When the indicator twinkle,it indicate that the batteries run out. Then,the swatter should be recharged for 8-15 hours.
- For more safety,do not press the switch or touch the ourface of net when swatter is in charge.
- Please do not finger the medium layer net.
- Please shake swatter for cleaning off insect carcasses which remain in net. Be sure don't wash it with water,so as to avoid short circuit.
- The swatter may become without high-voltage or in low-voltage conditions when it absorbe damp in wet weather,the effect will be declined. Then,it can be dried by blowing with electric blower or shining with sunshine. The effect will be recovered soon.
- Children must instruce under adult when use it.
Wow, so there it is, one of the scariest electronic items I've seen for a while!
Tags: fun,gifts,crazy electronics,
Originally published on 2006-07-26 21:36:43 by Rick Curran
Last edited on 2006-07-26 22:57:22 by Rick Curran