Don't mess with the Basra Badgers!
There was an interesting post on the BBC News website today entitled "British blamed for Basra badgers" which starts of with the following paragraphs:
British forces have denied rumours that they released a plague of ferocious badgers into the Iraqi city of Basra.
Word spread among the populace that UK troops had introduced strange man-eating, bear-like beasts into the area to sow panic.
In the interest of public safety I thought I would post a few links to help educate people about Badgers:
Top Ten Badger Facts
- Badgers don't dance in formation
- Badgers have clear likes and dislikes food wise
- Badgers don't actually play football
- Len Badger did play football though
- The collective name for a group of badgers is a cete
- Badgers were planned to replace British Troops leaving Iraq in order to maintain the overall strength of British deployment in Iraq
- Ruth Badger had nothing to do with the Basra attacks
- Badger is a place in Shropshire, UK.
- A Breezy Badger may be installed on your computer
This Honey Badger was unavailable for comment.
Tags: badger,bbc,basra badger,humour
Originally published on 2007-07-13 13:38:42 by Rick Curran
Last edited on 2007-07-13 13:59:31 by Rick Curran
There are currently no Visitor Comments for this post.