Dreamweaver CC Public Beta
Adobe have just opened up a public beta of a revamped version of Dreamweaver offering a lot of improvements and useful features for modern web development.
Dreamweaver's had it's share of flack over the years and not all unwarranted, but this new beta looks to shed some of the baggage of its 19 year history with a refreshed user interface and a new code editor based on the Brackets codebase. For someone like me who spends most of the time in code view (and who has split their time between Brackets and Dreamweaver for the last year or so) there's some nice new features in there that make it a more compelling environment for code-first users.
This blog post on the Adobe website highlights the new additions / changes in this beta:
- Modernized user interface: The entire interface is being transformed to be more intuitive and easier on the eyes. Selectable contrast long-awaited dark theme is here, with a streamlined interface that’s more intuitive and easy on the eyes. You can also choose a lighter theme if you prefer.
- All-new code editor: Our code engine now emphasizes speed and flexibility, with trick shortcuts that make coding second nature.
- CSS Pre-processors: Support for LESS or Sass files makes writing CSS painless and less repetitive, while resulting in cleaner code.
- Versatility: Work with over 50 file types, making it easy to start off with your existing files or projects. If English isn’t your first choice, the beta is available in 18 other languages.
- Regular updates: New features and capabilities, increasing levels of polish, and integration with other technology and services will be added to the beta as soon as they’re ready.
There is also an overview video too:
You can sign up for the public beta here: http://adobe.ly/dw_beta
Tags: web development,adobe,dreamweaver,web design
Originally published on 2016-06-21 14:39:45 by Rick Curran
Last edited on 2016-06-21 14:39:45 by Rick Curran
Left by Brian on #
where is the affiliate link???